Acorn BBG debricker instructions.
To Prepare SD card:
1. Use an appropriate MicroSD card (1GB to 32 GB should be fine)
2. Remove anything you would like to save on the SD card to another Drive
!!!VERY IMPORTANT TO READ and FOLLOW the NEXT STEPS CAREFULLY!!!
3. Using a Windows PC, Run the HP Format Utility ensure that the correct drive is selected for the SD card.
If the wrong drive is selected you WILL LOSE DATA.
4. Ensure FAT32 is selected and all the checkboxes are not checked.
5. Once the SD card is finished formatting move the files MLO and APP from the "FilesForSDCard"
folder on to the SD card. These should be the only files present.
6. The SD card can now be ejected and is ready for flashing the firmware on the BBG.
To Flash BBG with Centroid firmware:
1.Beaglebone is removed from Acorn board, unpowered, and ethernet unplugged. (gently use corners to remove from board.)
2.Insert SD card into SD slot on the BBG.
3.Firmly hold down USER button on the BBG while inserting a microusb cable into the microusb connector to power the BBG. (Note: the microusb cable is connected to a powered USB connector on the other end, such a a USB connector on a PC)
4.Verify all 4 LEDs on board light up sequentially. (Should take 2-5 seconds) Wait until all 4 tiny led's come on, then release the USER button.
5. Wait a couple seconds then remove power (remove the microusb cable). BBG should now have firmware flashed and is ready to place back on the board. Remove SD card from slot.
6. When installing the BBG back onto the Acorn board ensure that the pins are aligned correctly and not offset.
7. Power up the Acorn board and you will see a Heartbeat light (once a second flashing blue led) if the BBG has successfully been debricked. Connect up the Ethernet cable. Now you can start CNC12 from the CNCPC. During this first boot CNC12 will update the firmware on the BBG to match the CNC12 version automatically. Do not power off the Acorn board during the updating of the firmware! Please use the latest CNC12 software on the CNCPC, latest CNC12 download is here.
Acorn BBG debricker zip file download link.